Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Talking Balls

Tucked away in my far corner of a comfortable red-brick, I am somewhat immured and protected from the pell-mell of mainstream education.
Then, to spoil it all, Ed Balls appears on my TV screen.
I have worked through dozens of Education Secretaries now. Ruth Kelly, Charles Clarke and all the way back to Kenneth Baker and - I think - a couple before him.
None of them even get close to Ed Balls for talking absolute rubbish.
He is the latest in a long line of Labour apparatchiks that has wrecked our education system from end to end with their ceaseless tinkering, pointless measurement, social engineering and unabashed class warfare. Listening to him on the BBC Breakfast programme this morning was an education in itself. He talked balls. Not just some of the time; absolutely all of the time. A more vacuous litany of platitudes would be hard to imagine. I have to say, I am not a fan.
However, I have worked out a method of detecting when Balls talks balls.
His lips move.

No comments: