Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions

A fair number of my friends are bipolar (apparently this is latterly preferred to the much more informative manic depressive). Some, markedly so. Truth be known, I show several of the same tendencies, but not enough to warrant a badge or anything. In mediaeval times, personalities were assumed to be governed by the mix of the four humours (blood, phlegm, black bile, yellow bile) that made us sanguine, phlegmatic, choleric or melancholic depending on their proportions. Each personality has its good side and their bad side. I have long positioned myself in the choleric camp and this coming year I fully intend to live up to my mediaeval classification.
For me, 2008 was a year littered with change, stress, loss and frustration that was normally bordering on anger. I am resolved that 2009 will be very different. This will - I have decided - be a manic year for me. I have no specific resolutions that I would share here, but I am optimistic - in a zealot-like way - about this year.
Happy New Year to all who read my missives.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Happy New Year JAT. Great to hear you are optimistic about 2009. Hope this is rewarded. Keep blogging - we all love it.