- Nelson Mandela - runaway leader; turned apartheid over through sheer moral power.
- Mohammed Ali - an awesome man; greatest sportsman ever
- Pope Benedict XVI - an intellectual giant.
- Steven Fry - I have a feeling that we have much in common.
- Ralph McTell* - My favourite musician/songwriter
- Ian Botham - greatest cricketer ever
- Boris Johnson* - an enigma; a deep, intelligent character wrapped up in a buffoon
- Bill Gates - I have a book that belongs to him and I really should return it
- Patrick Moore - My love of Astronomy comes directly from him and "The Sky at Night"
- Charley Boorman* - Well worth a beer.
I am puzzled that there are no women in my list.
Who have I left out that I really should meet?